January 5th, 2018
We wish you all a happy coaster year 2018!
- A new version of our App has been released. It contains adaptation for iOS 11 and iPhone X and a bunch of minor improvements and bug fixes.
- The website has been improved in the last weeks to enhance the compatibility of mobile devices, mainly Android devices, considerably. The menus has been adapted for touch input, recognition of mobile devices and device rotation has been implemented completely new.
April 24th, 2017
Additions for Coaster-Count TOTAL!:
- Funfairs on maps with new options for the timespan in the upper left corner of maps.
- New markers for our maps: Wheels = funfairs, Houses = parks, Square = both
- Add funfairs to your trips.
- Set the start time after overnights in trips.
- Credit calculation in trips now respect funfair dates.
- In the world and continent overviews you may now split the values into stationary and traveling.
- You can now remove your residence.
- Rerides recorded by our app will now be shown as a +X behind ridden dates.
February 8th, 2017
We've just added the 10,000th coaster to our database. Totaly awesome.
January, 2nd 2017
Happy new year coaster friends!
We have extended our payment methods for Coaster-Count TOTAL! You can now pay by credit card, bank debit (SEPA room) or Paypal account. You do not need a Paypal account to pay by credit card or bank debit. The payment methods offered may vary depending on your country.
There is a huge update to our App in store now!
You can now track every ride. View statistics about rides, rerides, new coasters and new credits for days, months and years. Look for funfairs around you, both in the catalogue and on maps.
|Statistics of your rides, rerides and credits||Funfairs around you||Showmen and funfairs in catalogue||Maps|
The Coaster-Count App is now available in the App Store. Have fun. Please bear in mind you have to be a Coaster-Count TOTAL! user to log into the App
December, 14th 2016
Ride ... repeat ... repeat ... repeat ...
December, 12th 2016
Latest additions to Coaster-Count TOTAL!:
- Finally we have added a sex filter to the rankings, women can now limit the results to only women!
- Tour export enhanced
November, 28th 2016
Parks and showmen!
We have rearranged the list of coasters. The differentiation between "Inside parks" and "outside parks" has been removed. This differentiation dated back to the beginning of Coaster-Count; but the boundaries are very smooth with many intersections and a lot of current classifications were not up to date. Now we have one list for coasters in parks, a second list for coasters of showmen and a third list for coasters in funfairs, established this summer.
- As a result the on page filter now works faster and more reliable.
- Overview of continents and coasters was adapted. The red +X number now covers all coasters (stationary and travelling). In the app we introduced two numbers, one for number of coasters in parks and one for number of coasters of showmen. (New app version coming soon)
- We have introduced feedback for funfairs.
- Coaster-Count TOTAL!: The list of riders is now sortable by ride date or name.
August, 9th 2016
Funfairs, locations and dates of travelling coasters.
With Coaster-Count TOTAL! you now get information about funfairs as well as locations and dates of travelling coasters.
- In the coaster list of a country you will find a funfair label on each travelling coaster showing at which current or future funfair this coaster appears.
- In the coaster pop-up window we added a new tab "locations" with a list of all past, current and future locations including dates.
- In the catalogue we added a new link to some countries showing a chronological list of all current and future funfairs in that country with a list of coasters at these funfairs.
- We added a new funfair window with general information, map, satellite map and all known coasters.
- Search and feedback got enhanced with funfairs.
The data administration for this awesome new feature is complex and time consuming. Please excuse that the list of funfairs or coasters in a funfair may not be complete. However we always try to add more funfairs and new countries in the future. You are welcome to use the feedback form to contact us.
The app will be relaunched in the future with all these new features and additionally funfairs in the around me search.
A big hug to Thorsten Janke for making this possible, keep up the good work, Thorsten!
May, 30th 2016
Good news for trip planners!
- We have added a great new feature to the trip planning feature for users that visit multiple parks in a day: You can now specify the duration of the stay at every park and also the start time for the first park of the day. After calculating distances and duration's you will see the leaving time of every park and if your trip timings allow you to get to the last park of the day.
- Although km is internationally accepted by every country (even the US) as the unit for distance, we have some users out there who cannot get used to the new standard unit (or don't want to). Therefore we have added an option to switch to miles, the option on the website will also reflect in the app. But we reserve the right to remove it again if it is only used by a few users. Use it or Loose it.
- A scale measure is now added to Google Maps.
March, 7th 2016
Version 3 of our amazing app is now available.
- Coaster riders and park visitors
- Coaster pictures
- Your count is now shown on the app icon
- Note me on a friends count.
- Coaster-Count Website
- More details for coasters and parks.
- Enhanced feedback with images and screenshots.
- Count details added to your credits in your profile.
- Improved maps with number of credits.
- Coasters added to satellite maps of parks.
- Distance to nearby coasters.
- Former names for parks and coasters.
Let us know your ideas for version 4 and the Apple Watch!
April, 4th 2016
Did we make your day? Of course our last news was an April Fool's.
April, 1st 2016
Coaster-Count TOTAL! users can now save a lot of time and buy counts. The price depends on your actual credits and the distance from your home city. This simulates the real costs.
|1 - 1000 Credits||1001 - 2000 Credits||> 2000 Credits|
|1 - 1200 km||50 €||100 €||150 €|
|1200 - 3600 km||100 €||175 €||225 €|
|> 3600 km||150 €||225 €||325 €|
Additionally you get a rebate of 1% per count, max 30% per purchase. The counts will be bought per tour, that means: You create a tour and click on the new button "Buy counts for this tour". The subtotal is then calculated.
Of course no one will see the counts you purchase, they are private. The counts will automatically be added on the dates of the tour, throughout the day to reach that days maximum count.
With the time you have saved you can do something better - e.g. ride some coasters or partake of a butter beer.
March, 23th 2016
- Chart added to the user window with your count timeline.
- Satellite map added to the coaster window.
- Friends maps and Compare maps have been improved and are now available on Google Maps.
We wish you a great start to the season and a Happy Easter.
March, 4th 2016
Here are some new features from your wish-list:
- On the welcome-page under "details" and also in the user window under "details" you can now view detailed credits for type, status, design and location.
- In the coaster lists you will now find an "eye" to filter the coasters for all, operating and ridden, unridden and credits.
- In tours your can now hide a single step. This step remains in the tour but will not be considered any more.
- In the park window we have added a new tab "coasters".
- To make searching for opening hours, prices and other stuff easier, we have added a Google-search-link to the park window (in case there is no website given or not working). In the coaster window we have also added a Google-search-link. In particular for non park coasters this helps a lot to find the coaster on some large websites..
Some additional improvements:
- For countries that are seperated into states; the states are now shown in the park window. Also when linking to these parks, you now go to the coaster list of the state not to the coaster list of the country (which was much longer).
- The catalogue buttons will only go red when new coasters are added, not on updates.
- We have enhanced the history, that shows all your (and now our) actions regarding your count. Every action will now be listed that changes your count: changing your filters, changing the special features of a coaster on our side and lastly collapsing, joining and unjoining coasters
February, 23th 2016
Today we have added some ”special” coasters often requested by our users: Devil's Den at Conneaut Lake Park and Haunted House at Camden Park. The ride system of these ghost trains uses just a lift and gravity, so it is much like a roller coaster.
And we have added the tracks of “The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride” at Universal Island of Adventure. This ride is not so fast, but it uses technology of a powered coaster. Feel free to add them to your ridden coasters list.
Further more we decided that Bobkarts are similair to Alpine coasters. The are powerd but they go uphill. We added them to the undefined category. Here is a list of all Bobkarts for you to find them easyly:
- Skyline Park, Germany
- Steinwasen Park, Germany
- Erse Park, Germany
- Rasti-Land, Germany
- Schwaben Park, Germany
- Schwarzwald Park, Germany
- Tier- und Freizeitpark Thüle, Germany
- Ravensburger Spieleland, Germany
- Erlebnispark Voglsam, Germany
- Pfiff-Erlebnispark, Germany
- Toverland, Netherlands
- Toverland, Netherlands
- Nagashima Spa Land, Japan
- Nagashima Spa Land, Japan
- BobKart Al Sawat, Saudi Arabia
- Marah Land Sabahiya, Kuwait
- China Dinosaurs Park, China
- Gongqing Forest Park, China
- Hot Go Park, China
- Window of the World, China
- Overseas Chinese Town East, China
February, 10th 2016
We have three new banners for you. To activate them go to your options.
Simple banner for ALL users:
Advanced banners for Coaster-Count TOTAL!:
Please use the code provided to insert into signatures, forum posts, social media accounts and more. Bear in mind, the banner is cached and is refreshed only once a day.
Fabruary, 1st 2016
Our fabulous app is now availible in version 2.
- My tours
- My ridden coasters
- My ride sequence
- Identical coasters
- Noticeably faster performance
- New detail views for country, park, coaster
- Access maps easily
- Quick filter for catalogue and all maps
- Improved search
Let us know your ideas for version 3!
January, 28th 2016
Some useful additions to the trip planner:
- Searching for locations has moved to another service and now provides much more accurate results.
- Missing continents and countries are now added automatically based on locations and parks you add.
- Trip categories can now be deleted.
- Shared tours can now be deleted.
- Parks with coasters under construction are now marked with a white dot on Google Maps.
- Dots on Google Maps are now prioritised, red dots can no longer be overlayed by blue dots.
- New trips can now start with your home city. This adds your home continent, home country and home city to the trip.
November, 23th 2015
The Coaster-Count App is now available in the App Store. Have fun. Please have in mind, to log into the app you have to be Coaster-Count TOTAL!
November, 20th 2015
We introduced some reasonable changes to the rare point system:
- All riders of all different locations and showmen of one coaster are counted together and there will only be one common rare points per identical coaster.
- The calculation was improved, see below. You will now get 1 to 10 rare points per coaster.
Number of riders Points 1 - 2 10 3 - 5 9 6 - 9 8 10 - 14 7 15 - 21 6 22 - 30 5 31 - 42 4 43 - 57 3 58 - 76 2 77 - 100 1
October, 12th 2015
We are preparing a native iPhone App!
- Browse the complete Coaster-Count data and view maps.
- Show parks around you.
- Get directions directly from the app.
- Tick your ridden coasters.
- Full offline capable.
September, 15th 2015
- New page tours gives you direct access to the parks and coasters of a tour created by you or shared with you if the tour date was entered properly.
- You can now jump from the search page to the list of coasters.
- Touching on a park or coasters gives you detailed information.
- The parks's website is now linked to get further information.
- The park coordinates are now given and you can directly launch the iOS Apple Maps App for iOS and Android Google Maps to get directions.
- Design improvements.
- The to go list of coasters of a country can now be ranked.
- The new ridden coasters number in the ridden coasters ranking can now be clicked and leads to a list of these coasters.
- On maps you can now not only see the map of a friend but also see a compare-map with stats of you and your friend together..
- All user lists are now grouped under the new menu item users.
- All user lists now offer the common filter.
- Favourites can now be filtered by more than one criterium.
- You can view the map of a friend and also compare-map in tour planning.
- Breaks can be added into trips.
- New columns for notes like park hours, fees and more.
- Show weekdays.
- Print maps.
- Export as spreadsheet (Excel, CSV).
- Non TOTAL members can now see, print, export and access shared tours.
September, 9th 2015
Today we celebrate our 9000th coaster!
August, 14th 2015
Today we present some improvements to the tour planning feature. Thank you for sending in your ideas.
- Distances and durations of the steps can now be calculated.
- A complete tour or just a single day can be exported to Google Maps.
- Google Maps is now enhanced by the known colour theme.
- The share feature has been completely revised. User will get an email now on sharing a tour.
- You can now remove parks from the tour on maps.
- You can now change the order of parks on maps.
- Adding a location to the tour is now restricted to only from a country on the tour.
July, 27th 2015
The United States are united again. ;)
A long time ago we split the USA into states for better clarity and easier to handle maps. This makes no sense today with completed countries and additionally we don't have any values for the complete USA. After considering this for some time, we have decided to drop the separation and handle the USA as one country again. For more clarity we have kept the states and the maps. You can either list coasters and show maps for the complete USA or for a single state. We are also planning to separte other countries with a huge amount of coasters into states/provinces.
- Coasters now have their former names attached, see coaster-window. You can find a coaster in the search window without knowing it's current name.
- Favourites are back. Try the new filters on the favourites page.
- New for Coaster-Count TOTAL!: A comment field for adding comments to counts. For example to add the fair where you rode a travelling coaster.
- Google Maps: There are now buttons for zooming and you can switch between colour schemes (greyscale, coloured).
- All times and dates are now based on your personal timezone. Please set your timezone in your profile again!
- The new feature to hide coasters is now available in the mobile version too and it's now used in tours.
- In the user-info-window you can report users who are violating our naming policy or are using a wrong name. Be assured, your information will be handled discretely.
- The back-button has been added to the help windows as well.
July, 23th 2015
Here are the winners of our 10th anniversary competition:
1. with 13 points: Malcolm Marr
2. with 12 points: Nicole Polak
3. with 10 points: Thorsten Senft
Congratulations to Malcolm for the first place and the lifetime Coaster-Count TOTAL! membership! And here are the answers (1 point per question and 3 points for the hidden coaster):
- 1.) 381
Catalogue - > World -> Open Asis popup by clicking on asia -> 381 visitors
- 2.) 9032
Page -> About -> Technical -> Numbers
- 3.) Mac Rush / 13 bobsled coasters
Ranking -> Ridden coasters -> Show statistics -> Switch to design -> Compare bobsled column
- 4.) August 20th, 2005
Page -> News -> Scroll to bottom
- 5.) Up to 20 minutes
See note in footer or on several help windows
- 6.) 4
Users -> Coaster definitions -> Scroll down to section 1 -> Count water filters
- 7.) Under construction coaster
Account -> Options -> Colours
Page -> Help -> Colours or Colours help popup
- 8.) 100
Help -> Rare points
Rare points help popup
- 9.) 8
Catalogue -> World -> Africa map
Catalogue -> Africa -> Africa popup -> map
- 10.) Brazil
Search -> Users - > Bob Sled -> Bob Sled popup -> Tours -> Funny groove
- 11.) 1
Search -> Users - > Bob Sled -> Bob Sled popup -> Friend -> Catalogue -> Australia -> New Zealand map -> Show friend's map -> Choose Bob Sled
- 12.) 16
Account -> Logout -> Ranking -> Ridden coasters -> Look for Joe
- Find coaster: 10-th-A-N-N-I-V-E-R-S-A-R-Y-
Search -> Enter "10"
July, 22st 2015
Between July, 29th 2015, 23:00 MEST and Juliy, 30th 2015, 09:00 MEST server may be down for scheduled maintenance.
July, 1st 2015
It's our 10th anniversary!
Happy birthday Coaster-Count. Let's celebrate together. We have prepared a competition for you. Among all correct transmittals we will draw a Coaster-Count Honor membership with lifetime Coaster-Count TOTAL!
Answer the following questions and find the hidden anniversary coaster in our database. Use the feedback function on this coaster to send in your answers until July, 20th 2015. We will present all participants together with the correct answers.
- How many users have been to Asia?
- How many tours got created?
- Who rode the most bobsled coasters?
- When did coaster-count officially start?
- How long may it take until new data is visible on Coaster-Count?
- How many users have only activated the water filter?
- What does an orange dot on a map mean?
- How many rare points can a coaster have at maximum?
- How many coasters exists can a person ride on the dot of Johannesburg, using small watercolor map of the continent map?
- Where is Bob Sled on vacation this year?
- How many blue dots has Bob in New Zealand on the small watercolor map?
- On what rank sees a guest Joe?
June, 13th 2015
- The profiles now offer a field for your home city. Your city is displayed next to your name. There are more features comming in the future such as a users map.
- We added a small country flag next to a user's name.
- There is now a direct link to the photos of a coaster.
- You can now upload pictures for non RCDB coasters. Just click on upload in the coaster popup window and upload multiple pictures at once.
- Your friends, who have ridden coasters since your last visit, are now dislayed on the welcome page.
- Popup windows now have an enhanced back click functionallity. You can move from one popup to another and back any time by clicking the "<" in the upper left corner.
- We have had much positive feedback that Coaster-Count seems heavily overloaded at times. We analysed the use of many features and options over the last two months and found some features were used by less than a handfull of users, so we decided to remove some features and options from Coaster-Count which makes the site clearer and less confusing for the majority of you. As a result menus are shorter; the options page is 70% shorter, and all pages have less buttons and links. We have also improved the layout of all the tables, stripped out abbreviations and the columns of all tables are customiseable by simple icons. Coaster-Count is now much clearer and although it offers considerably less features than the classic version did, it runs better. Please let us know if you like it.
- Ad classic: We buried the classic version. Enjoy following the link back to our roots.
- We fixed a small issue which made your strict count a little less under rare conditions. The strict count is now calculating properly again.
June, 5th 2015
- Follow us on Facebook and be the first to hear about news and other things.
- You can now share tours (yours or also others) on Facebook.
- It is now possible to hide coasters you don't want to ride (or you are not allowed to ride). Just select the new hide option in the count dialogue and the red dots will disappear from the list and maps. However, please bear in mind, this is just a marker for yourself and will not affect your count or the completed countries.
- If you see someone counting wrong, please use the new report button. Be assured, your information will be handled discretely.
- We often get complaints about ticks disappearing or your count changing without intention. We have now provided a history of your count with a detailed log of your count actions. If anything seems unclear, have a look at your history and try to investigate the mystery. Please come back to us with any questions.
- There are many improvements to the mobile version.
We would like to thank you all greatly for not sending us a shit storm over the recent announcements of how the coaster-count platform will be funded in the future. You are an amazing user base!
May, 28th 2015
What is Coaster-Count TOTAL!?
Coaster-Count TOTAL! is a collection of additional features we offer on a pay-what-you-want model to fund our technical infrastructure. All the additional features are marked with a golden star and a golden border on the options page.
Here is a list of the current Coaster-Count TOTAL! features:
- Legendary tour planning feature.
- Two static map types and Google Maps.
- Compare with others.
- Reordering of ride chronology.
- Two enhanced banners.
- Stay continuously visible on page.
- Awesome favourites feature.
- A bunch of extra filters and options.
- More speed with priorized server time.
- You will be marked with some TOTAL! medal(s).
May, 25th 2015
Coaster-Count was promoted and funded by the roller coaster platform onride.de for 8.5 years and we have been under our own operation since 2014 now. We are still non-profit orientated and all our team mates are working in an honorary, voluntary capacity. However, the technical infrastructure costs a lot of money, especially with the fast growing userbase (10 a day!). Coaster-Count will still remain without any adds and free for the basic features but for the Coaster-Count TOTAL! features we have decided to introduce a "Pay what you want" model, starting at about 20 Cents a month.
This change will take place during the summer. We apologise for any inconvenience and ask politely for your understanding and continued support!
April, 18th 2015
Our spring updates:
- On a mobile device you can now choose the desktop version by rotating your device into landscape. Portrait orientation will always be the mobile optimised version.
- The mobile version now shows images of traveling coasters where available so please submit them.
- We have added options to the tour export.
- The tranfer and login screen now give you detailed error messages about the problem.
- Tour planning improved and some bugs fixed.
- When filtering for users in the rankings, the United Stated is now divided into states.
March, 9th 2015
Registration is open again (finally) and we've added a new Help Page for problems with logging in or transferring your account. Furthermore here are some developments from your wish list:
- The search page is enhanced to allow searching for users.
- As our new server is now high performance, we are able to increase the time before your account goes inactive for not being on-line from 60 to 100 days.
- The feedback page now supports new parks and new coasters as well. yay!
- Coasters with multiple locations/owners now show the total of ridden coasters as well as the total of coasters.
- Coaster-Count TOTAL! is now enhanced by Google Maps.
- Coaster-Count TOTAL! is now enhanced by the ability to show the non ridden coasters of a visited park in coaster lists and comparisons.
January, 8th 2015
Welcome back, riders! ;-)
Happy New Year and enjoy the new performance.
October, 21th 2014
Some minor improvements based on your reports:
- A list of recently ridden coasters has been added to the user window (click on a user or friend).
- You can now switch to an in your options if you'd like to see more detail.
- Global search has been added to the mobile version.
- Links to traveling coasters has been added to the mobile version.
- Tons of bugfixes.
December, 10th 2014
Coaster-Count will take a break from end of December until latest mid January. During this time, the classic version can be used but only for research purposes. We will set up an info page during this downtime to keep you updated. Registration to our site is also down and will be available early in 2015.
We apologize for any inconvenience!
December, 1st 2014
- Your coaster-chrononlogy is now sortable.
- To reduce the number of clicks. you can now set which tabs of the coaster-popup, park-popup and user-popup are shown when you click or double click. Single click defaults to the Info tab and double click defaults to RCDB.
- In the new interface you can count and set favourites everywhere a coaster is displayed. Because this was confusing on other user's pages, this function has been disabled on these pages. It can be reactivated in the options.
- To enhance clarity you can hide the filter and options block with the icon now.
October, 11th 2014
Favourites / Rating System
You may now rate coasters and set up your Favourites. Bad, medium and good coasters are ignored, we just rate the top coasters with yellow discs:
- 1 yellow disc = awesome coaster
- 2 yellow discs = more awesome coaster
- 3 yellow discs = most awesome coaster
You can rate overall, or for type, design and special. This means you can not only rank wood or steel coasters, but also inverted or powered coasters. There are a total of 14 different rankings. You rate a coaster by clicking on the designated rank areas. In your favourites you simply rank the coasters by dragging and dropping them. Ratings that are older than one year will be marked red to remind you to update them.
October, 4th 2014
New road maps and plan, plan, plan ...
In addition to our lovelly colourfull Coaster-Count maps, we've added more detailed road maps. These new maps are available in zoom levels from 4 to 9. High zoom levels may not be available on some maps due to size restrictions. Both map types are now touch device compatible.
The 2014 version now has a new tour planning feature. Please try it out. We welcome feedback for any enhancements you would like.
- Organize your tours in folders and filter or sort them easily.
- Share and plan tours together with friends.
- Easy drag and drop for cloning of legs.
- Multiple same parks and continents.
- Scalable maps with a fullscreen mode.
- Maps of complete continents and single countries, self updating in background.
- Add parks in all maps or in countries park lists.
- Easy to add locations.
September, 24th 2014
Please remember: Data is cached for performance reasons and it can take up to 20 minutes for updates to be visible on the site. Banners are updated only once a day.
- Maps completely re-rendered with new geo-algorithm for highest accuracy. All markers are now exactly placed!
- New frontend for the maps and new feature to show a friend's map.
- Option to see users with less credits in the ranking.
- Compare your ridden coasters with other users and even with multiple users at the same time.
- 2014 version of banners.
August, 8th 2014
Welcome to 2014!
After a ton of work during the beta period we are finally ready for the release. Welcome to the brand new 2014 version. There is a lot to discover and even more to get used to. Take your time.
We will be continuously adding new features. On top of our to-do list is the trip planner, favourites and user compares. There are noticeable improvements in functionallity. If you love the classic version or are against improvements in general?? No fears! We will keep it up as long as a reasonable number of users are using it. But bear in mind; there is no longer support for the old version.
Something missing? Notice any bugs? We appreciate any feedback; please use the button in the footer on the related page. Feedback on our data can also be made in the popups for park or coasters.
Juliy 3rd, 2014
Almost exactly 9 years ago we announced the first release of the Coaster-Count. From today the new Coaster-Count 2014 version is open for public beta testing. Have fun and don't forget to give us a brief feedback on your thoughts.
January 20th, 2014
All new for 2014!
- Facelift for 2014 season: After 9 years with pretty much the same look we have re-designed the page, dropped some old school shadows, added some more space, a new fresh header, new graphics, larger maps and some minor cosmetics.
- This is only the beginning of a complete new development of Coaster-Count. Follow us at beta.coaster-count.com.
- There is now an interface (API) to request personal information of specific users to display them on third party pages. You can show counts (all, strict, personal) and the current filters of users that are granted access to your page. Webmasters can find further information in our API documentation (English).
- Possible wrong recorded credits can now be reported either to the Coaster-Count team or to the user themself as a note to verify the ridden coaster.
- Thank you for using our new feedback function. We have already fixed some issues and have implemented loads of ideas.
January 8th, 2014
Improvements of Ranking and Lists:
- All new rankings are now equiped with the known filters.
- All rankings get a box which displays your own values + jumps to your own position inside the ranking table + links to your own corresponding list.
- New personal list for ride order.
- New personal list for visited parks, countries and continents
- New personal list for completed and almost completed countries
- These 3 new lists are also visible for other users but they are linked on different locations.
- We have added help pages for some topics. Check out these pages and let us know which help pages are missing.
January 1st, 2014
All the best for 2014!
We are proud to announce, Coaster-Count is finally under its own operation, an independant company owned by Volker Sauer and Thomas Thumann. In the past 8.5 years we have been operated and funded by the roller coaster platform onride.de. We would like to thank them for this amazing service through the years. There is a lot more to come as we head into 2014.
December 30th, 2013
During the past few months we fixed bugs and added some more features. Thank you for your feedback.
- The feedback page has been completely rebuilt. You can now leave context based feedback from any part of the page or directly from any park or coaster. This will help us reply to your comments faster.
- The USA can now be selected as a complete country for filtering in the rankings.
- Old or unused trips can now be archived.
- Trips can now cover multiple continents.
- You can now add flights and ferries to your trips, these steps are skipped when calculationg durations or distances.
- A new ranking page has been implemented for visited parks, Countries and Continents.
- Another new ranking page has been implemented for Completed Countries.
- And last but not least, a new ranking page has been implemented for Rare Credits. The fewer people who have ridden a coaster, the more points you get. We share 100 points between all riders; If there are more than 100 riders the coaster drops out of the evaluation.
September 08th, 2012
- Coaster-Count is now available in Portuguese. Thanks to Lucas Ferraz.
- We recently updated and completed Italian. Thanks to Riccardo Righi.
- We recently updated and completed Dutch. Thanks to William Dwars.
- We recently updated English. Thanks to George Greenway.
- Language-specific subdomains were dropped, your language is now always driven from your profile, regardless of where you come from or what device you are using.
- Translation of the mobile version to all languages.
- Translation of the banner, this will always be shown in the browser-requested language.
- Translation of the datepicker, which was so far only available in English.
August 30th, 2012
Mobile devices, Web-App and Browser-compatibility:
- Improvements for whole page to work with Netbooks, iPads, iPhones, Tablets and other mobile devices.
- Adaption of the mobile version. You will now be asked which version to use on entering the page with a mobile device.
- iPhone users can now install a Web-App running as native app from homescreen with some improvements.
- Logging in is now valid for both versions.
August 22th, 2012
We have some more features and a boost for you.
- You can now enter the coaster-ridden date directly while counting. If the extra dialogue annoys you, no worries, it is hideable directly from the dialogue or in the options. The mobile version is also enhanced by a ridden-date request.
- A count-history-chart has been added to the user information page.
- Email notification on every coaster-update which affects one of your counted coasters. No more wondering why the count changed.
- A new box showing the strict number of coasters appears in the coaster-lists, compare-charts and the user profiles.
- Performance of the complete site, especially the ranking, is significantly increased.
- A lot of bugfixes, mostly reported by you, thanks for your support.
August 16th, 2012
We recently began to add more features to Coaster-Count. Thank you for all the feedback. Today we have two great additions for you:
- We are proud to introduce the Coaster-Count banner. The banner is activated for all visible users on Coaster-Count. You can change the banner-visibility in the options. The banner shows your personal coaster-definition and your strict, total and personal number of coasters. The strict number of coasters is shown in green, while the total number of coasters is shown in red. Please bear in mind, the banner is an image that will be cached by browsers, so it may not always show the latest version. See options for more information how to use this embeded banner.
- Your coaster-list is now visible for non registered users by using a deep-link and can be activated in the options. You can also choose if non registered users can see the dates you rode the coasters.
August 08th, 2012
Today we broke the 7000th coaster barrier, this is awesome. We began with 3000 coasters in 2005. Happy 7000th coaster!
October 05th, 2009
A bunch of new features were added to maps and trips.
Plan a trip
- You can now duplicate trips.
- All public trips of a user are now shown in their profile.
- You can also duplicate trips for personal use.
- The street map can now be shown in three different versions: Only parks that are on a trip, all parks with open credits (default), or all parks; now you can easily see if you are missing a park on your trip.
- A summary showing the calculated driving duration and distance for every day.
- Export the complete trip or a single day with it's stops to Google where you can continue editing your trip or print a map with routing information.
May 15th, 2009
Add a date to every ridden coaster. In your list you can now enter a date for every coaster. If you do not remember the exact dates you can enter just month or year.
October 01st, 2008
Completely unnoticed Coaster-Count celebrated it's third birthday. A few weeks ago we added the 5000th coaster. This means Coaster-Count hosts more coasters than any other page. Thanks to everyone.
- Maps are now complete for all countries, thanks to Thomas.
- Maps now follow your personal coaster definition (filters).
- Street maps of every continent are now available.
- A friends list was added to the rankings. Just put your friends on the list by selecting them in the ranking. Then activate the personal filter and the ranking shows only people you want so see.
December 18th, 2007
Plan your coaster-trips easily and comfortably at Coaster-Count. View your personal credits on a trip. You can share the deep-link with your friends by switching your trip to public. Every user watching your trip sees his personal credits.
- Plan trips and directly view the number of credits
- Optional sharing of trips with friends by sending a deep-link
- Add and remove parks and other locations (e.g. overnight stations)
- Classify each section as a new day, same day or night
- Multiple sections on one day
- Calculates trip duration on entering trip start date
- Coaster-Count map of each country with detailed route
- Calculates driving distances and durations for each step
- Street map with every section
ECC American Adventure 2008
July 21th, 2007
After some more hard work the North American maps are complete. Thank you Thomas! Here are the changes:
- Every coaster that has been relocated, rethemed or had a change of owner is now marked with a small link. Follow this link to get a list of all the coasters different locations, themings or owners. This will show which versions you have ridden; identical coasters now only count as one, same as traveling coasters are recorded. You can help us by reporting links between traveling and stationary coasters.
- Up to now Moebius coasters were counted as only one as there is only one track, but there is an important fact: You have to queue twice and you have to ride twice to have ridden the whole coaster, similar to racing coasters. If you rode it only once, you would have to count half a coaster - which is not feasible. So we have decided to treat Moebius coasters the same as Racing coasters and list both sides. You are not forced to count both if your preference differs from ours.
- We deleted the filter for traveling coasters and introduced a new display option "Show Location" that displays "in parks", "non parks" and "traveling".
July 06th, 2007
- Finally you can edit your profile to change your name or birthday.
- We deleted the traveling filter and added a new coaster listing option " list location " to list "parks", "non parks" and "traveling".
- After some hard work the European maps are complete. Thank you Boris and Thomas!
June 25th, 2007
Low page size mobile version m.coaster-count optimized for pda and cell phones to access Coaster-Count on the way. Please email us with missing features or any problems that occur.
June 10th, 2007
After a long break we are back working on Coaster-Count and have added the following new features:
- The favourites was revised again. You will now be reminded to rank your selected favourites on a red favourite button.
- Your private options and your personal coaster definitions have been moved to the new options section.
- There are new coasters and new maps on a red coaster or red maps button
- Coaster lists and user information is improved with a compare count section that depends on your different coaster definitions.
- Completly new maps.
- For better accessibility links no longer open in new windows.
- Alpine coasters link now added soroda.de.
February 27th, 2006
We proudly present the Coaster-Count map feature. We have maps of Germany, Austria and Switzerland with parks and coasters. You can now see where you have to go and are able to plan trips easily. More maps will be comming soon, therefore we need your help. Are you familair with maps, coordinates, Google Earth, Mapquest and theme park locations? Contact us, your help will be mentoned.
- Maps of Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
- The favorites got revised. You can now select up to 10 wooden and steel coasters. The Selection in your list and the ordering of your favorites is improved.
- If you want to count only for yourself, you can now switch yourself from public to private in your list.
- News is now shown in the new Coaster-Count News section. New News is marked until read.
- Users who have not been on the site for more than two months will be reminded via email before they drop out of the ranking.
- All tables were optimised for best viewing with 1024 pixels screen resolution.
- Selecting another language will now change the current site to that language; you can always switch language again if needed.
December 15th, 2005
- Coaster-Count and onride.de forum get completely separated. We have established our own session, cookie and user management and a Coaster-Count registration form. At this time we are just sharing usernames with onride.de. Your Coaster-Count account is not influenced by your onride.de activities and vice versa; and you can use your same username and password.
- The Misc page is removed. The "top coaster" and "monthly top counter" are integrated into the Coasterlist and Rankings.
- There is now an extended search function where you can search for coasters, parks or users. The red Select links in the search results lead directly to the Coasterlist / ranking with your selected entry marked blue.
October 3rd, 2005
Today we have added two more special coaster categories: water and undefined. Feedback is welcome for any coasters that should be put in there.
August 28th, 2005
A Dutch version of Coaster-Count is now available. Thanks to Toon Kockx for the translation. We need to add more languages. Please contact us if you can help.
August 26th, 2005
In co-operation with parksmania.it we proundly present an Italian version of Coaster-Count. Thanks to Silvia Forghieri and Bruno Lancetti for the translation.
August 23th, 2005
Today we made some improvements to the rankings table and added a search engine:
- You can now filter the rankings for coasters in a specific continent or country.
- You can now filter the rankings for members in a specific continent or country.
- You can sort the rankings by a specific special coaster attribute.
- We have added a coaster search: Enter a coaster name or a part of a coaster name and let us search for you. When you click on Select in the results, you will be taken to the coaster and park list at that specific position.
August 18th, 2005
A German version of Coaster-Count is now available.
August 6th, 2005
- You now can select up to six wooden and six steel favourite coasters.
- Users who have counted coasters or changed their favourites since your last visit are marked with a red background.
- Changed favourites are marked with a red Fav link in the rankings.
- Counted coasters are marked with a red +x and a red List link in the rankings.
- New coasters added since your last visit are marked with a red background in the worldmap and in the coasterlist, so you won't miss any new coasters.
- The misc section now has a list showing users with the most additions in the actual month; users new to Coaster-Count are no longer shown there.
Juli 20th, 2005
Hi counting coasters friends! This is the new Coaster-Count. Your next generation in counting coasters with some new features, never seen filters and transportable coasters! Some people may not want to count Traveling, Alpine, Butterfly or Powered Coasters; you can now filter them out. If you find a coaster missing, feel free to email us at cc <at> coaster-count.com, please include park or owner, type, design and status. Thanks to Duane Marden, Daniel Warwas and Thorsten Janke.
Have Fun, Volker
Juli 1st, 2005
Beta version of Coaster-Count launched.